Nowadays with the increasing rate of everything, electricity bills are talking to the sky. That is why solar panels are more in demand now. These panels are mostly used for home or business purposes. Nowadays the one with the facility of solar panels has no tension for electricity bills. Solar panels can be used for many reasons. They are now used everywhere in the world. Its increasing demand is proof of its positive reviews. They not only save your money but also you can sell electricity and get profit. The solar panels you will have the more sunlight will be absorbed and hence you will get more electricity. If you want to get to know what are solar power systems then you are at the right place. There are several types of solar panels that we will discuss below.
Table of Contents
What is a solar panel?
The solar panel is a device that is designed in a way to soak sunlight and then convert it into electricity. You can get many benefits from it. You will not be having a constant fear of electricity bills while using air conditioning or other big machinery. It might be possible that its price will increase in the future due to its rising demand. But you know what you can take a lot of advantages from it. Are you skilled enough to build your solar panels? If not then you will get to know more about it.
Classifications of Solar Panels
There are several types of solar panels but currently, we will discuss the main three types of solar panels which are being used. They are best in their way and each type has its pros and cons. They differ in their appearance, absorbing capacity, cost, and usage. The three types are monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin film. You will get to know more about each type below.
Monocrystalline Solar Panel
This solar panel is designed in a way that carries monocrystalline solar cells. These cells are made with high-quality cylindrical silicon. Its manufacturing is done in a way that is very time taking and takes a lot of effort.
Pros of Monocrystalline Solar panel
- These are more energy-absorbing and efficient.
- They soak a good quantity of sunlight to generate maximum electricity.
- It is created in a way that offers a large surface to absorb a good quantity of sunlight.
- They are without any doubt give the best and most accurate performance.
- These panels are durable for more than 30 years so it’s going to be a great investment.
Cons of Monocrystalline Solar panel
- On the other hand, it higher cost is one of the things that sometimes change the mind of the person toward affordable solar panels. This is the most expensive choice. The main reason for its high cost is that manufacturers have to get their profit from using higher-quality silicon crystals.
Polycrystalline Solar Panel
These solar panels are also known as multi-crystalline solar panels. These panels are designed in a way that the signal PV cell contains several crystals of silicon. As it is made of multiple crystals of silicon which is why they are called multi-crystalline panels.
Pros of Polycrystalline Solar Panel
- Polycrystalline produces very less waste because most of the silicon is used during production.
- They are more biodegradable than monocrystalline solar panels.
- These panels are good in power density.
- They are simple to install.
- They are cheaper than monocrystalline solar panels.
- They work great for roof-mounted arrays.
- Simple cells are used in the manufacturing process that is affordable for the end users.
Cons of polycrystalline Solar panel
- These panels have lower heat tolerance at higher temperatures so they have lower efficiency than others.
- They do not absorb as much energy as a monocrystalline panel does.
Thin film Solar Panel
These solar panels are created with one or more layers of thin-film material that absorbs sun rays and generates electricity. They are also called flexible solar panels. Instead of silicon cells, amorphous silicon is used in its manufacturing. All you need to know is the pros and cons of each solar panel before deciding which one is suitable for you.
Pros of Thin film Solar panel
- It is easy and simple to use because of it’s flexibility.
- Its installation is inexpensive and they are affordable.
- It is a great option for buses and commercial buildings.
- It is very light in weight as they are only one micron thick as a penny.
- Its payback time is faster than other solar panels.
- They are quick and efficiently designed.
Cons of Thin film Solar Panel
- It has lower efficiency than other conventional solar panels.
- More room is expected for its installation.
- It has limited availability.
- Its lifespan is shorter than other solar panels.
Which type is the best?
All three types of solar panels are adequate in their way. They all work for the same purpose which is generating electricity. It depends on your requirements and budget. The panels higher in price are higher in efficiency. Solar power is introduced to lessen the electricity bills. Moreover, you can use it for a water heating system and much more. Now houses and buildings are made with inverted solar power systems.
Solar power systems are very beneficial. You can install them in your houses and office buildings. Moreover many educational institutions are now opting for this solar system to provide a better environment for their students. It will not only give you many eco-friendly benefits but also you can use electricity unlimitedly. So if you are still thinking for it then stop it and go for its purchase as it will never let your money go to waste.