Many diseases were always thought to be part of an issue with the elderly. One such disease is Myocardial Infection or Heart attack. There are many reasons that the scenario has changed and these days everyone out of five young adults is diagnosed with diseases that were not even a part of their lifestyle a few years back. Doctors suggest that the main reason behind this is physical inactivity. There are many health risks of physical inactivity, that may even lead to death.
This article aims to throw some light on some of the health risks of physical inactivity and what are the treatment associated with it.
Health risks associated with physical inactivity
There are many essential benefits of being physically active. It helps in preventing unhealthy weight gain and reduces the risk of diseases such as cancer, type 2 diabetes, etc. Also, experts suggest that physical inactivity may lead to congestion in the bones and joints, and may cause pain in the back and spinal cord as well.
Following are some of the health risks that may occur due to physical inactivity.
- High blood pressure is one of the major consequences of physical inactivity. People who are less active and less fit develop a greater risk of blood pressure.
- Type 2 diabetes is a disease that needs proper exercise and a healthy lifestyle. A daily exercise and routine lifestyle can decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Coronary heart disease happens to develop in people who are physically inactive rather than those who are highly active and do regular exercise.
- People who are inactive or not involved in any kind of physical activity suffer from obesity. Being overweight can give rise to many health risks that may even lead to death.
- The habit of being inactive in young adults grows with their age and with aging, health risks might attack at a faster rate.
Treatments against the health risks of physical inactivity
Well, the treatment depends on the severity of the risk caused by physical inactivity. But according to doctors and general physicians, the following are some of the points that need to be kept in mind to return to a healthy active lifestyle:
- The amount of weight-burning or calorie-burning activities must be increased. This may include running, walking, or doing other physical activities that may burn calories. It is always believed that the number of calories taken must be burnt out to maintain the weight and also overall health.
- The best part about Adobe activities is that they increase the heart rate and hence. Keep the heart safe and healthy. It is always advised that aerobic activities should be done throughout the week.
- As discussed before, total inactivity may lead to pain in joints and also weaken the health of the bones. To improve bone health and to get relief from joint pain Canadian physiotherapists advise taking physiotherapy sessions at regular intervals.
In a nutshell, the main medicine behind leading a healthy life is a healthy lifestyle filled with proper activity. Physical activity also helps in releasing stress which is very important in today’s conditions where there is so much competition and stressful situations around.