Bulk fuel, as you know comprises different kinds of flammable products like petrol, diesel, coal, wood and other types of fuel which are initially stored and then delivered to customers like you to be used in your site (factory, garage for heavy vehicles, etc.)
If you own a factory, you will always require bulk fuel. One of the best parts of keeping a bulk stock of fuel is that you don’t have to worry about the functioning of your factory. The generators, vehicles and other types of machinery dependent on fuel, will work smoothly.
To ensure a smooth supply of regular fuel in your factory, you can surely get in touch will leading suppliers in this field. With their years of experience and reputation, they will surely help you in the easy functioning of your factory.
Table of Contents
Points to be remembered before selecting your bulk fuel supplier
Fuel, as you know, is dependent on the international market system. So, negotiate well with your supplier about the price of the fuel.
- Time is a prime factor that should also be kept in mind. Make sure your supplier has good logistic service
- Always go in for fixed contracts to save you from rising future price of fuel.
It has certain benefits like:
- The fixed price mentioned in the contract will guard against future price fluctuation of bulk fuel.
You will get fuel delivered, whenever it is required by you without worrying about the inconsistencies arising in the fuel market.
- You can prepare a budget and forecast your operational expenses to earn maximum profit.
- There is a threshold for pricing fuel supply by all suppliers in this business. You should ask about the benchmark used by your supplier. You can predict the market trend and also understand the transparency maintained by your supplier related to fuel prices. You can always keep track of industry-standard set forth by OPIS, EPEX, SPOT, NYMEX, etc. but do not disqualify any supplier based on these standards. Consider the supplier who will inform you in advance about the spike in the fuel market.
- Be well informed about the source of supply of bulk fuel of your supplier.
Choose a supplier who has multiple sources of supplying bulk fuel. This will ensure consistency in fuel supply to your organization. It will also be beneficial on your part in case there is a sudden shortage or a price hike of fuel in the international market.
- A good supplier will maintain a healthy relationship with customers like you. They will accept your suggestions and also listen to your complaints (if any) related to the fuel supply.
- As a bulk fuel customer, you should have a thorough knowledge of the international and domestic market trends of the fuel market. This will help you to negotiate the prices of the bulk fuel. You can pre-plan the buffer stock and actual quantity of fuel required to run your factory without any glitches.
The fuel market is full of uncertainties. So, to avoid any uneventful situation, you need to be well informed to sustain yourself in the market.