We all are always in search of some amazing exfoliants to clean our house and various other items. Even though there are several products available in the market, still not many of us are aware of the proper use. The same goes for the incredible cleaning compound, that is the trisodium phosphate. It is a neutralising salt, created by the reaction of an acid and alkali. Till date, the scientists and researchers have found out several benefits of using TSP.
In the early 20th century the trisodium phosphate was a favourite among housewives, and food industries. However, due to the mismanaged use and sewage systems, it was banned for a short period. Now again, a modified and safe version of trisodium phosphate is available in the market. If you are also interested in the detailed introduction, and properties of this compound as a cleaner, then read more about TSP cleaner.
In this article, we intend to share with you the best method to use the trisodium phosphate. You might have heard about it, but whenever you would try to use it, you would have felt stuck. Do not worry we are here to help you. Along with the method, we will also share a few benefits of trisodium phosphate apart from cleaning. So let us get started.
Method to use and apply TSP
Before we tell you a general method to apply and use trisodium phosphate, we would also like to mention that there are various types of TSP available. For each type there might be a different procedure to prepare the solution. Thus, you must first read the instructions given, and then try them. If there are no instructions then you can try this method. It is very simple, and you do not need to buy other chemicals to prepare it.
Using trisodium phosphate for cleaning cement
- Take half a cup of trisodium phosphate. If you are trying to use it for a bigger cleaning project then you should take a full cup.
- Now for the half cup of TSP, you would need two gallons of water. Yes, you read it right.
- Now, pour this solution on the affected part.
Using trisodium phosphate for cleaning mildew
- Take a full cup of trisodium phosphate.
- Add three quarts of water in it. You will get a cloudy solution but it will be odourless.
- Now cut the grass from the affected area. To do that, you will need a sod cutter. Click here to read more about sod cutters, and its types to get the best results.
- Now put this solution in a spray bottle. Now spray it on the mildew affected area, and repeat it for a week.
Using TSP to remove cloth stains
- Add half a tablespoon of trisodium phosphate in a litre of water.
- Now put it in a spray bottle.
- Sprinkle the solution on the stained part of your shirt. Rub it a little.
These are the common methods to use trisodium phosphate, you should add as little quantity as possible according to your needs.