If you suffer property damage, it is only expected that your insurance company comes to the rescue and gives you a befitting settlement. However, this is not always the case. After property damage, most insurance companies are known to do the exact opposite – reduce or evade payment. According to Louis Law Group, a West Palm Beach-based Property Damage Insurance Claim Firm, insurance companies could unjustly reject or underpay the victim of property damage. In such situations, it is now left to you to do what would make you receive your payment irrespective of your insurance company’s uncooperative attitude. And your best bet would be to hire the services of a Property Damage Insurance Claim Lawyer.
There are several property damages that would require the services of a lawyer if you are looking to get your insurance company to pay. Some of these are:
- Water Damage:As crucial as water is for life, it can cause damage faster than you can imagine. This damage could result from a broken pipe, plumbing failure, hurricane, or flood. It’s essential to get a proper appraisal in order not to miss anything important. If your property suffers from water damage, you might have to deal with the following:
- Damaged appliances
- Damaged furniture
- Discoloration on walls, ceilings, and floors
- Weak foundations
- Structural damage
- Termite and bug infestation
- Fire Damage:Just like water, fire damage is brutal. It could be a result of a fire that started in the kitchen or lightning strikes. Irrespective of what causes it, fires spread fast and burn everything in sight. They also spread smoke and chemicals throughout the property. It’s advisable to get your property insured against fire damage because fires strike without prior warning. Some of the things fire can damage are your appliances and electrical items damaged, electrical systems, plumbing systems, and furniture.
- Hurricane Damage:Hurricanes are no doubt devastating as they can pull down even the strongest buildings. Because of its devastating effect, it is advisable to ensure that your insurance policy covers hurricane damage.
- Theft Damage:Burglary and theft incidents are not only scary, but they also cost a whole lot. A theft would mean smashed windows, broken doors, and stolen items. It would not be easy to replace these things; thus, you need to be compensated for this.
- Sinkhole Damage:Although sinkholes are not too common, they are still one of the types of property damage one can experience and, as such, should be covered in your insurance policy.
For every of this damage, insurance companies are good at coming up with excuses that could reduce your claim. For instance, they could claim that the reason your house was on fire was due to a fire that was started because of your negligence, and as a result, you should not receive compensation.
For theft, they could claim that there was no forced breakage into your home; instead, your property was stolen because you recklessly left the door unlocked. This is why you have to be prepared the moment after property damage. One of the ways to show your preparedness is by getting yourself a Property Damage Insurance Claim Lawyer that would be instrumental in your settlement.
WHAT WOULD A PROPERTY DAMAGE INSURANCE CLAIM LAWYER DO FOR YOU?
Now, here are a few of the services you get from a lawyer after property damage:
- Gathering and Evaluation of Evidence:A property damage claim lawyer can help you by gathering all the evidence that would help you prove your entitlement to a settlement. These evidence might be quite challenging to establish as your insurance company would try to make it seem less concrete.
- Your lawyer would negotiate when necessary:If your lawyer has to, he will negotiate terms with your insurance company. This does not in any way mean that you would have to settle for compensation less deserving. It only means that your lawyer would consider the damages and compare them with what they are willing to pay. If their offer does not in any way compensate for the damages, it would be rejected.
- You will need a lawyer to go to trial:It is not uncommon for insurance companies to reduce or evade claims. If such happens in your case, your lawyer will not hesitate to file a lawsuit if that will get you a befitting settlement. Most times, once the insurance company hears of your intention to file a lawsuit, they try to come to terms with your claim even before the case happens.
In conclusion, never make the mistake of expecting your insurance company to give you your rightful compensation without taking steps yourself to hire a lawyer. Because just as mentioned by this Lawyer Roll article, https://www.lawyerroll.com/should-you-hire-an-insurance-lawyer-for-property-damage-claims, your insurance company is capable of cheating you of what’s rightfully yours. You don’t want that now, do you? So, you know what to do – get yourself a lawyer.