One of the most effective ways for nonprofit organizations and groups to communicate with current and new supporters is through text message marketing. Text message marketing is a great way to generate money for a good cause, recruit volunteers, and get people to sign petitions. Text marketing messages are not only read 90% of the time in three minutes, but they also have a 99 percent open rate compared to email marketing, which has a 20% open rate.
Most of us, without a doubt, always have our phones with us. More than half of American people check their phones 160 times every day on average, with 46% checking their phones before getting out of bed! Text message marketing is an excellent communication technique because most consumers never leave their phones out of sight.
With SMS marketing software, you can differentiate your nonprofit text campaign from the competition and engage large groups of people in real-time in just a few simple steps. We’ll show you five techniques to boost text message engagement and make the most of your text message marketing plan in this blog.
What To Consider While Mass Texting for Nonprofits?
A charity organization should adhere to the set guidelines for bulk SMS campaigns.
- Program information, content, and the frequency with which they will get messages from the organization must all be communicated to recipients.
- Ensure that the substance of your messaging adheres to nonprofit-specific requirements. In some countries, charitable organizations may have more permissive guidelines for mass texting for specific activities, but any promotion of products or services may be prohibited under these lax criteria because it might be considered telemarketing.
- Only send text messages to people whose phone numbers have opted in to receive them voluntarily. Make sure that any adjustments you make to existing campaigns, as well as any new campaigns you start, follow legal rules.
- Ensure that recipients have the ability to opt-out of your texting service in a way that conforms with all applicable rules.
- Use bulk texting to send people who have opted in to get more updates with follow-up information and details.
5 Tips to Increase Text Message Engagement
Text message engagement can be increased in a variety of ways. Here are five quick and easy strategies to accomplish that goal.
Donors are ardent supporters of causes they believe in and are committed to an organization’s purpose. However, with over 10 million non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in the world, finding committed donors can be difficult.
Text-to-give promotions are an excellent approach to boost your text message program’s engagement. A clear and appealing approach to ask for support and encourage new individuals to join your subscriber list is to urge your contributors to send an SMS keyword to a text message short code, such as “GIVE” to 12345.
Also, make sure to invite folks who have already signed up to give directly through text messaging. People can easily give to the causes they care about thanks to our straightforward donation approach.
Because many people have hectic schedules, nonprofit event sign-ups and attendance can be below. To increase attendance and engagement, text messages can be used as reminders to register for forthcoming events. Making it easy for supporters to get to your events by including directions or a useful link to the event’s location.
Whatso merge tags feature also allows you to personalize your text messages by including your subscribers’ names, making them feel more unique. Even though many activities have shifted to online platforms, consumers still want a personalized experience, so personalizing your messaging is one way to remind donors that you appreciate their unique contributions.
Time Sensitive Petitions
Nonprofit supporters are dedicated and eager to assist in the advancement of a goal whenever possible. Asking your fans to sign time-sensitive petitions is another strategy to enhance text message engagement. Text messaging is the ideal communication channel for time-sensitive marketing, with a remarkable open rate of 90% in the first three minutes. Wills Lawyer also hire for time sensitive.
You may simply reach out to people and involve them in your cause through text messaging. Texting ensures that your supporters receive a fast notification when you need them to act quickly and sign key petitions because it is a spam-free and direct method.
Post Event Follow-Up
It’s just as vital to follow up with your fans after an event as it is to text them before one. After an event, you can continue the engagement with Whatso charitable text message marketing by scheduling automated texts.
The following are examples of possible follow-up messages:
- MMS material with event highlights and inspirational moments, such as videos, quotations, and photographs of attendees who have been inspired by your purpose.
- A direct link to your cause’s donation page.
- Links to your organization’s social media sites, where supporters can read event recaps and discuss their experiences.
- A survey asking for feedback on the event so that specifics about the attendees’ experience may be captured and methods to improve future events can be identified.
Thank You Messages
It’s a two-way street when it comes to relationships. Thanking your supporters regularly goes a long way toward increasing their involvement with your text messaging campaign and the charitable organization.
A simple thank-you note can make all the difference in whether or not you receive additional donations. By automating you thank-you messages, Whatso messaging automation function lets you ease this important relationship-building phase.
It’s now your time! To boost supporter loyalty and quickly win new subscribers, start utilizing the engagement tactics we’ve outlined below. There are countless ways to employ text messages as part of your marketing strategy to help your charity organization meet—and even exceed—its objectives.