Fixing MS Outlook might sound like a tedious task, and sometimes it is. But we are here to make this cumbersome task easier for you. You are working hastily on your Outlook app, and suddenly a dialog box pops up saying “This task was canceled before completion” or Error: 0x80048002.
Soon it will become your biggest nightmare. But relax. Every problem occurs due to a specific reason. All you have to do is to find out the possible reason and then take some steps to eliminate it.
Reasons for Send/receive Errors:
Numerous reasons may lead to send/receive errors in Outlook. The few common ones are:
- Poor internet connectivity.
- Antivirus software or Email scanning apps installed on your computer.
- Large attachments.
- Incorrect Email settings on Outlook.
- Corrupted PST file
Solutions to Fix Outlook Send/Receive Errors:
To eradicate this problem, you need to follow any of the solutions mentioned below:
Solution#1- Check your internet Connectivity:
A poor internet connection can often lead to send/receive errors in Outlook. Therefore, you should make sure that your computer has a stable internet connection.
Solution#2- Uninstall or Disable Antivirus Software:
An Antivirus software (windows Firewall) or any other third-party app can prevent the Outlook app from working decently, and thus results in Send/receive errors. If you have any antivirus program enabled on your desktop. You need to follow these steps to disable it:
- Search Control Panel on the Windows search bar and open it.
- Head over to your network connections and right-click on it. You will see the properties option. You have to tap on it.
- Now you can see the security tab. Click on it and turn off the windows firewall program.
Solution#3- Delete the Suspicious Emails:
If you receive a ton of emails daily and you don’t get the time to filter them. Then you might immediately get back to your inbox and delete any suspicious emails received. After doing this you will be able to send/receive messages again.
Clearing the inbox didn’t work out for you? No problem. Move on to the next solution. Solving errors can take some time, like fixing [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] takes hardly some minutes and similarly others.
Solution#4- Change the Outlook Account’s Settings:
If you have tried all the solutions and still the error persists, then there might be a need to configure Outlook settings. Here is the easiest way to do it:
- Open the Outlook program and log in from your existing account.
- Now click on Files on the top left corner and then to Info.
- Under the info column, click on the Accounts settings.
- A window will open. On that window, search the Change tab and click on More Settings and then check the box near My outgoing server.
- Also, check the log on to the server check box.
- Click the Ok button and then Finish.
- Relaunch the app to see if it worked.
You don’t need to be a computer expert to resolve this error. The methods described in the article are pretty simple and can be followed by everyone. The send/ receive error on Outlook is a technical glitch delusion and can be resolved completely if you follow the above-mentioned steps.