If you’ve decided to start your business on Amazon and do not want to invest lots of money and effort, then an Individual Seller account is what you need. All you need is to pay fees of $0.99 with the selling of each item. However, keep in mind that by running this type of Seller account, you cannot sell more than 40 items per month.
How to start as an Individual Amazon Seller?
Becoming an individual seller on Amazon is pretty simple; all you need is to implement the following actions:
- Choose your future business, which will be visible on your storefront.
- Present a legal name and address.
- Ensuring that you have valid contact information both for Amazon and your future customers.
- Bank account Information.
- Shipping options.
If you are a beginner in this sphere and do not have enough experience, here are some important aspects that will help you in the early stages of your newborn Amazon business.
- Make sure that you have set competitive pricing on your products.
- Even if you are starting with small quantities of products, try to ensure that all the products are available in your warehouse.
- Try to offer your customer free shipping; it will help you to gain more buyers.
- Keep in mind that if you want to build a successful business on Amazon, you should never ignore both reviews and feedback left by your customers.
Now, let’s do a quick pros and cons for having an Individual Seller Account on Amazon!
The Benefits of an Individual Seller Account
If you want to know the needs of your buyers before sourcing large quantities of goods, then opening an Individual Seller account is what you need. With this type of account, you can easily experiment with different products in order to understand who your potential customers are and what they want. You can be confident that you are not risking a ton of financial resources if something goes wrong within your new business.
Another advantage of an Individual Seller account is that you do not have to pay fees without selling products.
Disadvantages of an Individual Seller Account
Of course, starting your Amazon business as an Individual seller is easier and requires fewer risks. However, there are some disadvantages that do not allow you to run your business to the fullest extent.
- You have to pay a fee of $0, 99, along with all Amazon fees. If you start selling more than 40 items in a month, you will lose a solid amount of money.
- You are not allowed to use several apps.
- You cannot sell several products from Amazon’s restricted categories.
- You don’t have high placement on the product detail page.
- You are not allowed to use the Buy Box and its benefits.
If you are a new seller on Amazon who is not ready to invest a big sum on your new business, then we advise you to choose an individual Seller account, since it requires fewer risks on your part. Additionally, you can easily transform your Individual seller account into Professional whenever you succeed in your business! If you are full of zest and are wondering whether having a Multiple Account Amazon strategy is a good idea, you can just get in touch with our Amazon appeals and reinstatement service to get a better understanding of this exciting yet equally risky strategy!