If you have a kids and he always comes and asks you to get assistance whenever there are questions such as: How many quarts in a gallon? (There are two cups in a pint) How many cups are in a quart? (4) Once I taught foods classes at a high school, these measurements always appear to be a challenge, too! I have a fun and easy way to help teach all these measurements.
So, I chose to make a visual for my son that he can grasp the idea. An easy way to do that is by using all the Gallon Man. Seeing it in this way really helps children (and adults that can not appear to recall ) recall the values of each.
Also read: How to stream on Twitch
I also have this printable chart with more measurement conversions in case you need help remembering themtoo! This and also the Gallon Man printable are equally in my contributor library.
How Many Quarts In A Gallon
We made him and hung him up on the wall in our school area. He’s loving having it as a reference because of his math work!
Gallon Man is easy to make. You just want 5 sheets of colored construction paper.
- The gallon is a whole sheet of paper.
- There are 4 quarts in a gallon, so for your quarts, fold the paper in half twice and write Quart on each one.
- The quarts split into pints. There are two pints in each quart (8 pints in a gallon), therefore with this sheet of paper, fold it into 8 squares.
- The pints divide into cups. There are 2 cups in a pint (16 cups in a gallon) so the following sheet needs to be folded into 16 squares.
- The final piece of paper is to make Gallon Man’s head. Glue it all together and you have Gallon Man! He is kinda cute, right?
Thus… Next time you have to answer the question of How many quarts in a gallon? You can think of Gallon Man and recall the answer.