How to fix the Component error “MSCOMCTL.OCX” or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid and the error Failed to load the module”mscomctl.ocx” on Windows.
It might occur to the Windows computer that while trying to start a program, this is not achieved by returning rather the Part error”MSCOMCTL.OCX” or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid.
The error is due to erroneous registration of this MSCOMCTL.OCX part (Microsoft Windows Common Control Library, an ActiveX controller module) or to the individual and homonymous file MSCOMCTL.OCX invalid or lost.
Also read: How To Fix 0x800f0988 Error On Windows 10
Below we go to see how to solve this problem, registering MSCOMCTL.OCX again, or manually adding it to Windows.
Method 1: Register MSCOMCTL.OCX
The default MSCOMCTL.OCX component is located in the C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 directory on 64-bit Windows and in the C: \ Windows \ System32 directory on 32-bit Windows.
- In case the problem was due to incorrect registration, then start the Start menu, type the word prompt, right-click on the Command Prompt result that is returned, and in the context menu click the” Run as” option. Administrator” to conduct it with administrative rights.
- When Windows is 64-bit, in the Command Prompt now glue and ship the CD command C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64; rather if Windows is 32-bit paste and ship the CD command C: \ Windows \ System32.
- This control is used to maneuver and function from the SysWOW64 or System32 directory straight from the Command Prompt.
- Now in the new line paste and then send the command Regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX. When everything is effective, like in the example above, the” Regsvr32″ window will appear where the notification”DllRegisterServer in mscomctl.Ocx triumphed” is displayed, ie the component MSCOMCTL.OCX was successfully registered.
All that remains is to attempt to start the program that returned the error in query to assess whether the problem has now been solved or not.
Otherwise, if the newest error window seems when the program has begun, the module”mscomctl.ocx” cannot be loaded, then proceed with the second method below.
Method 2: Add MSCOMCTL.OCX manually
- You first need to download the MSCOMCTL.OCX file.
- Once downloadedunzip the ZIP archive file to acquire the mscomctl.ocx file.
- Duplicate the mscomctl.ocx file and onto 64-bit Windows paste it into the folder C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64; on 32-bit Windows glue it into the C: \ Windows \ System32 folder.
- Once this is done, just repeat the process described in the first procedure , that is register the part MSCOMCTL.OCX through the Command Prompt executed as administrator.
When finished, start the program that returned the error in the query to check if it occurs again or if it has been resolved.