How To Update Kodi – Whenever a new stable version of Kodi is published, it’s suggested to update your Kodi to this variant. The cause of this is that each version comprises at least a few of these: new features, bugs fixes, stability and functionality enhancements, and safety updates.
Should you update Kodi into the most recent version, your device appreciates those positive aspects. We have also written some tips about make your Kodi secure from hackers.
How To Update Kodi in 2020?
- Launch Google Play
- Click the burger button at the top-left corner
- Click My Programs & games
- When an update to Kodi can be obtained, you view it beneath the Updates impending section. Click
- Update on the Ideal side of this display
- Await the installation to complete
If you do not have access to Google Play, then you have to install having an APK file.
- Snap the URL https://kodi.tv/download for the download page of Kodi
- Look down and click the Windows symbol
- Snap INSTALLER (64BIT). Kodi establishment record will be downloaded to your PC
- Once the download is done tap on the document to execute it
- In the welcome screen click Next
- In the permit understanding screen click I concur
- In the pick segments screen leave all the parts checked and click Next
- Select the goal organizer and snap Next
- A popup shows up inquiring as to whether you need to overwrite the past establishment, click Yes and afterward click OK
- Select a beginning menu organizer, or make another envelope, or check Do not make alternate routes in the event that you would prefer not to make one and snap Install
- Trust that the establishment will complete and click Finish
- Click on the Xbox button to start the manual
- Click My games & programs
- Click Updates
- When an update to Kodi is available, click it
- Await the installation to complete
There’s just 1 method to update Kodi on macOS, and that’s by reinstalling the program. This may save all of your articles and just update the code of your current setup.
- Visit Kodi’s official site using any internet browser, and click ‘Download’ with the site’s navigation bar;
- Now scroll down and choose macOS. ‘ Be certain the ‘Recommended’ tab is selected and click on the button that states installed (64bit)’, that will download the hottest Kodi setup file available in the DMG file format;
- When the document is downloaded, open it from double-clicking onto it
- And finally, drag Kodi’s program file on your Program folder. You will be asked if you would like to replace the present document, so verify your choice.
As you can see, this practice is precisely the same as if you put in Kodi on macOS. Thus, use the supplied link to visit our committed article, where you will discover useful screenshots and additional info.
Amazon Fire TV
Regrettably, you can not download Kodi on FireOS with the Amazon App Store. But, there are numerous ways of accessing Kodi to operate on your own FireOS device, since it is a Android program, after all. So, here is our overall overview of how to update Kodi on FireOS.
- To begin with, you will need to download a useful program named ‘Downloader’ located on Amazon’s App Store. After that, open the program and then browse to https://kodi.tv. This may open Kodi’s official site in your own Fire OS device;
- Now you want to click ‘Download’ then click the Android emblem. Guarantee that the ‘Recommended’ tab is chosen, then click ‘ARMV7A (32BIT).’ This will download Kodi’s setup file into your Fire TV Stick.
- Open the document and proceed with the setup. This will essentially put in a new variant of Kodi, without messing up with your custom material.
As Linux users know, applications are generally installed on this particular operating system by scanning a set of commands. For that reason, it is not surprising to find exactly the exact same process is employed to updating Kodi. Here is the Way to update Kodi on Linux.
- First, operate on the Terminal port (CTRL + ALT + T);
- Input command: Sudo apt-get update and support by pressing Enter;
- Subsequently, use this command: Sudo apt-get update ;
- And lastly, enter this control: Sudo apt-get dist-upgrade;
- That is it!
iPhone & iPad
Regrettably, Kodi is lacking from your iOS App Store. Though this program supplies a fully-featured iOS program, Apple can not let its existence on the App Store.
Clicking on the supplied link will take you to our comprehensive manual on installing Kodi on iOS. This is where you are going to find two approaches, based on which stage you are using on your personal computer (which is necessary to put in Kodi in your own iPhone/iPad). To update Kodi, you truly will need to re-install it. But, we do indicate completely removing Kodi out of the iOS device, then installing it from scratch (that will remove any customized material you may have additional.
Very similar to the way things operate on iOS, Kodi is not accessible on Apple TV — not through the tvOS App Store. Kodi is a somewhat different kind of program, and Apple can not let it get all the system resources, meaning that Kodi does not match the guidelines. But, sideloading Kodi on Apple TV is completely possible.
Nvidia Shield TV
Nvidia Shield TV is powered by Android TV, which means you can locate Kodi from the Play Store and download it from that point. But it’s also good to Understand How to update Kodi on Shield TV manually:
- Open the Google Play Store in your Shield TV;
- Currently, pick’My Programs;’
- Here is where you will see a listing of installed programs in addition to any updates accessible;
- Eventually, you are able to update individual programs out of here, or you could click ‘Update All’ to update all of them at the same time.
Assembling your Raspberry Pi computer could be an extremely educational procedure. If you already understand how to set up Kodi on Raspberry Pi, then you are aware you could utilize LibreELEC. To put in Kodi 18 Leia, you truly will need to update your LibreELEC setup, so here is the way this is completed.
- Open Settings > LibreELEC/OpenELEC;
- Navigate to’System,’ that is where you are going to observe the’Updates’ segment;
- Select’UpdateChannel’ and pick the’MainVersion;’
- Next, pick’Accessible Versions’ and then pick the most recent available variant;
- Verify your choice, and also LibreELEC will update by itself.
Kodi is available on a broad selection of smart TV versions. But, those using Android TV are at the best possible location. Here is the Way to update Kodi on these Wise TV versions:
- Open the Play Store in your own Android TV;
- On the left side of this display, pick’MyPrograms ‘;
- Here is where you are going to see the listing of available updates. Select’Kodi;’
- Eventually, pick ‘Update,’ along with your own Android TV is going to finish up.
This was a complete guide about how to update Kodi on all devices, like windows, Xbox, TV, etc. You can import your media library, install third-party extensions on Kodi. If you have any problem updating your Kodi then feel free to contact us we would like to help you.