One of the most common joint disorders is OA or Osteoarthritis. It is becoming more common because of the aging population. The risk factor of OA is obesity and sedentary lifestyles. Person level factors are factors such as ag genetics, age, diet, etc. Joint Level Factors are abnormal loading of joints, malalignment, and injury. Osteoarthritis is the 9th most leading cause of disability. Patients find a limitation in walking that affects the enjoyment and benefits of a quality life. Therefore the implementation of strategies to decrease the burden of OA patients is required at this juncture.
Risk factors of OA
Person Level Factors- Age- Age could be the main factor since the damage to the cartilage, weakened muscle mass are destroyed by oxidative damage.
– Obesity– Is associated with OA, patients reported OA in the knees. hips, hand joints. These symptoms are more prevalent in females than in males.
– Genetics– Genes account for almost 62% of hip OA and hand OA and 50% account for knee OA.
– Diet– Diet is a factor in OA, some foods that are low in Vitamin c, and K tends to take a toll on the joints. The acid build-up increases joint pains. However further studies have to be conducted to study the association between dietary factors and OA
Joint-level Risk Factors
Joint level risk factors refer to injuries to the joints, especially the knee. The knee is the most injured joint in the entire body. Rapturing the anterior cruciate ligament may lead to OA. Almost 14% of people develop knee OA after rupturing the anterior ACL. Acl surgery can reconstruct the joint to improve its stability, but does not necessarily prevent OA or protects the joint from later injuries.
– Morbidity- Osteoarthritis places a heavy burden on persons, there are many well-documented research on the morbidity burden.
In the Eastern part of Asia, this morbidity ranked sixth and in East Pacific countries. In North America ranked tenth in morbidity, and seventh in the European. One limitation of OA is the difficulty experienced when walking.
– Mortality- Patients who suffer from OA are at a higher risk of human mortality. A study conducted by (Nüescheta) found that OA patients are more at risk than the general population. The study concludes that the increased risk may be associated with a lack of exercise or systematic inflammation. Patients are often cautioned by their physicians to remain on their medication. To purchase your prescriptive drugs without the hassle and to ensure you always have them at hand. Visit a safe online pharmacy lie PricePro Pharmacy to place your order.
– Economic Burden – The finances needed to purchase b prescribed drugs, the limitations one now has are a burden. No longer can an OA patient generate an income, because of the continuous discomfort he/she faces. Patients may rely upon life savings, government-assisted programs, or family members to purchase drugs. One reasonable pharmacy that can take care of your OA needs is a click away. Visit www.pricepropharmacy.com for all the discounts that you need.