RCI International Process Service and Investigation (RCIProcess) which began in 2004 serving the Baltimore Legal Community has provided full support in numerous INVESTIGATION SERVICES.
Investigation Serviceis a law enforcement institution established to combat corruption., it works to prevent corruption through education and investigates corruption where it exists. There are different areas to which investigation services can be carried out:
Private investigators, also known as private detectives, they work for organizations and individuals to find information. They may engage in different types of cases, finding legal, personal, or financial information; performing background checks; interviewing people; and engaging in surveillance activities. Private investigators find and verify information, assemble evidence, search for missing persons, and look for potential criminal activity. A private investigator may perform a variety of daily tasks. Some assignments may require surveillance, where the investigator follows a subject and reports on their activities. Depending on their expertise or the particular assignment, they might watch the person’s home or business, follow their movements, and collect evidence by taking photographs.
Domestic investigations are about protecting your home. If you are concerned about the safety of your possessions or loved ones for any reason, whether it’s an abusive family member or threat of an intruder, a domestic investigation will retain evidence of wrongdoing and prevent any future crime.
Some situations that call for a domestic investigation are:
- Cheating spouse
- Divorce and spousal deceit
- Threats, blackmail, and extortion
- Restraining orders
- Spouse or child abuse
- Missing person
In the case of a domestic issue, it’s best to have an investigator conducting the investigation. Here’s why:
- An investigator will obtain all evidence legally so that it can later be used in court proceedings.
- When sensitive information is involved, investigators have access to resources that aren’t available to the public.
- Private investigators have been trained and have a wealth of investigative experience.
- Investigations will vary greatly depending on the case. An investigator will be familiar with a variety of methods and will know which to use in a given situation.
- An investigator will handle the information they discover in a professional and confidential manner.
An insurance investigation is a type of investigation that centers around attempts to benefit from deceitful claims. Seeking compensation for false or inflated claims is illegal, dangerous, and raises the price of insurance for everyone. Bad practices can also occur within the insurance companies themselves. If an insurance company takes money but does not sufficiently compensate, an investigator can aid with resulting court cases.
.There are types of insurance investigations, which include;
· Health Insurance
· Car Insurance
· Home Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Worker’s compensation Insurance
For example, in finding out fraudulent claims, here are several methods used to find information in an insurance investigation. Most are used to determine whether claims are true or false. Here are a few commonly used techniques:
- Surveillance to verify the claim
- Medical reports/history search
- Previous claims/accidents search
- Insurance coverage analysis
- Witness interviews
- Physician’s billing search and analysis
- Claimant background check
When people seek to make fraudulent insurance claims, they often attempt to make claims from the estate of someone else they’ve implicated in the accident. For example, if someone sideswipes your car and then claims you’re at fault, not only will your premiums increase, but the criminal may target you to receive additional money. A fraud insurance investigation by a professional investigator can uncover schemes and save you the hassle and costs of a court case. It can also help keep your insurance costs down.
If you have been accused of insurance fraud, a qualified insurance investigator can help clear your name by gathering evidence of the injuries or damage. This can help ensure that your insurance company pays you on time and pays you the full amount to which you are entitled.
Electronic Investigations generally begin when a business or individual contacts a private investigator and expresses the concern that something is wrong with their electronic data. The investigator may advise a client to take steps right away, such as gather all related data files or shut down a specific computer. The investigator will visit the scene, speak with clients or others involved, and carefully examine the computer system or the electronic files affected. Generally, investigations revolve around the contents of the hard drive on a specific computer. Investigators create a digital copy of the hard drive and further investigate using the copy rather than the original, which is secured and stored in its original condition. Depending on the exact situation, an investigator may use surveillance, computer investigation, network investigation, internet use investigation, data recovery techniques, special software, and other types of techniques to gather evidence and resolve the problem such as;
- Email messages
- Software programs
- Plain text/images
- Web pages
- Word processing files
- Backup Tapes
- Cache memory
- Hard drives
- Thumb drives
Corporate Investigation is a deep assessment conducted by a private investigator to help organizations be protected from compromised customer information, misuse or abuse of your company network, possible damaged reputation, or any liability if your company network has been used to launch an attack on other systems. They perform a thorough investigation of your operations and that is why it can also be referred to as business investigations
. Business investigations arm you with that information and other tools for your organization’s success. Examples of this are as follows:
- Businesses remain prosperous through brand monitoring, media monitoring, compliance audits, and internet monitoring.
- You can be protected from your competition and those who wish to take advantage of your company with the help of intellectual property investigations.
- Internal operations can be protected from fraud by checking up on your new partners (or third parties that you hire) and performing background checks for potential hires, more so for a crucial position.
- Investigations on due diligence can prevent your company from heading to a lawsuit.
- Your company can get the compensation or damages it is entitled to in the event of a deal gone sour or a partnership that has gone rogue.
- The private investigator you hire will guide you on what specific services you need based on your case. This is why it is crucial that you be as direct about the information you are seeking or the needs you want to be addressed so the private investigator can help resolve your situation.
- Some of the services provided by private investigators include due diligence, integrity testing, counter measure sweeps, computer forensics, financial investigation, surveillance, and security penetration checks.
Call RIC today for consultations!
P.O.Box 538, Hanover, MD 21076-0538
12078 Long Lake Drive,Owings Mills MD 21117