Are you searching the best way to know How to clean laser printer streaks? Then this guide will help you to get the best solution for it.
What are the laser printer streaks?
The laser printer streaks occur when there is some problem with the system, or the cartridge of the printer is 70-80% empty. There are various causes and solutions to know why there are streaks on the printer paper while printing.
People often think that there is some problem with their printer or the system in this case. But it is not true. Maybe some settings are changed due to which printer is unable to get the instructions from the printing command.
Here are a few causes and the solution for cleaning the streaks from the paper.
1. Lines on either side of the printing paper:
- The printing inside the laser printer is done by the rollers that are made of convey belts. When the conveying belts are tilted from their place or the belts are dirty, in this case, the printing will not be appropriate. In most of the cases, the back lines are seen while printing on the paper.
- Hence, in this case, the dirt has to be removed from the roller, and it has to be cleaned immediately and properly. It will help the printer to start functioning properly again. If, in any case, the belt is out of its place, then one has to contact the customer care of the company. It is because if the roller gets damaged, then the internal part of the printer has to be repaired again.
2. Some words or area’s at the paper are missing while printing:
- The laser printers are working with the help of the laser beams. The laser beams are passed on by a drum through the toner on the paper. In any case, if the drum gets damaged by fingerprints while changing the toner or while cleaning the dust. Then it will not be able to pass proper signals to the toner for printing.
- To tackle this problem, one has to make sure that the drum and the rollers are clean and undamaged. Try to clean the dust and check if the rollers and drums are in the perfect condition before giving the printing command again.
3. Smudges on the printing paper:
- Smudges on the paper is a very common problem that one could see while printing. The spots of ink could be traced to the same area every time while printing. Many people think that extra ink is spread by the printer while printing. But what if the same thing is being done again and again? Then any part inside the printer is damaged or broken.
- One has to check whether the toner or the rollers are damaged and then try to replace it as soon as possible. Don’t try to give printing command if the part is still damaged as it will affect other parts of the printer.
The above mentioned are a few causes and their solutions if the lines are coming on the paper while printing. But what if you want to know How to clean laser printer streaks? Then follow the below given simple steps. It will help to clean the part easily, and then you will be able to get HD prints again.
Required tools to clean your laser printer:
As we all know that the laser printing technology works with so many components, and they all are really sensitive. If your printing results are bad, it means your printer demands for proper cleaning. So when it comes to cleaning the laser printer’s components, it is good to use some specific tools to avoid any kind of damage and injury. Therefore we have outlined the required tools in order how to clean laser printer streaks.
1. Disposable cloth:
You will need a non-oily coating fabric which can easily remove the carbon particles of the toner. This kind of fabric also known as activated cloth because when you stretch it, the cloth activates to trap the particles.
2. Isopropyl Alcohol:
Isopropyl alcohol is an ideal liquid to clean the mechanical equipment, which ensures that there is no residue after the cleaning. It is also known as rubber alcohol, as it can quickly remove the dust and debris without leaving fluid behind
3. Air spray duster:
It is very tough to clean some of the deep parts of the components with a cloth or special liquid. An air spray duster will help you in this task. It will blow all the deep dust of the drums and toner to clean the streaks of the laser printer.
Sometimes toner can cause irritation and allergy. It is because the powdered ink consumes carbon particles, which are not good for our health and the environment as well. So make sure the room is properly ventilated where you are cleaning your laser printer, and it will be better if you will don a mask while cleaning the harm components of the laser printer.
5. Latex or rubber gloves:
As we mentioned earlier, that toner can be proved very harmful for our skin. So do not touch the toner and drums with naked hands.
6. Toner vacuum:
It is an optional tool. You will need it only when you feel uncomfortable to remove the toner from the printer. If you can easily remove it, then you do not need this tool.
How to clean laser printer streaks?
The streaks in the printouts occur because of the dirty and dusty components. So you will need to clean the major components like drums and toner, to get rid of the black line, smudges, and other printing issues.
When you have arranged the above-outlined tools, then you can start the cleaning process by following the below-given steps.
- Turn the printer off :
Before going to start the cleaning process, you will need to turn off the printer and wait for it to cool down. It is because the laser printer uses a tool called fuser, which is a heat treatment unit of the machine. If you touch it immediately after turning off the printer, then you may face some injury. Therefore, you will have to wait for at least 20 to 30 minutes to let it cool down
- Open the top cover:
Once the laser printer is cooled down, you can safely start the cleaning process. You will have to open the front cover of the printer to remove the toner. For this, you will have to press the button which appears at the upper side of the cover. Do not use force to open it.
- Remove the toner:
The next step is to pull out the toner from the printer to clean it. Do not forget to wear latex or rubber gloves before starting the cleaning process. In most models of the laser printer, drums are placed inside the toner, and in some printers, it appears apart from the toner. So if in your printer model, drums are placed inside the toner, then you will have to remove the only toner. Otherwise, pull out both components safely.
- Use activate cloth and rubber alcohol:
Once you have taken out the toner and drums, now you have to dip the activated cloth into the rubber alcohol and damp it. It is because there is no need to use so much liquid. Now clean all the area of the surface of the toner and drum gently. If you feel uncomfortable reaching the deep side of the component, you can use an air spray duster in terms of how to clean laser printer streaks. After cleaning the surface of the component, place it on the clean and flat surface to let it dry.
- Re-assemble the parts:
You have done the cleaning process to get rid of bad printing results. Now you have to re-assemble the components carefully. Turn the printer on and print a test page to see the results of your efforts.
Clean the printer & get HD prints:
We have mentioned the causes and their solutions among with some ways to clean the laser printer. Now, its upon the user that how they want to solve their problem. The problem could be different from one individual to another, but the user must take care of the printer properly.
The laser printers are based on the latest technology of laser printing. Hence, the care of these printers and the maintenance is more. We have to change the toner very carefully. The parts of the laser prints are expensive, and once damaged, it has to be replaced. Therefore, it is better to clean the dirt carefully and timely to get high-quality prints.
Printers are an essential commodity for everyone nowadays. It is being used from small offices to houses. Therefore, maintenance has to be done if you are spending money to purchase it.