College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a credit-earning program, in which tests and exams are conducted for students to gain their credits. CLEP is applied in a large number of universities like around 2900 academic institutes accepts it. This has been practiced for around 40 years, or even more than that. Basically, the exam that CLEP offers contain various 33 tests in five different fields of study, that are Science & Mathematics, History & Social Science, Composition & Literature, World Languages, and Business. These subjects are actually taught in two initial years of university or college. By clearing these tests and earning credits, students can bypass their introduction-based classes or sessions.
But before preparing your mind to take the test with the help of CLEP study guides or may prepare from academies like instancert, students should know a few essentials about it. In the following sections, the briefing given is worth reading, if you are an aspirant to conduct the CLEP exam.
What’s the test conducting pattern of the exam?
A big part of the CLEP test is conducted via multiple choice questioning. It depends upon the test actually, that you’re going to give. Quite often, the test also includes numerically based questions, which may also require you to shade some part of any object or orderly arrangement of items. In a language test, the listening section is included. Some tests of CLEP also require essay writing – it all depends upon the test you’re doing to give. A good thing about this test is that it has an option for reviewing your test questions before you submit – meaning that, you can easily reselect the options before the time of the test gets to an end.
How to prepare for CLEP exams?
CLEP exam preparation on a serious note is necessary. While you want to take a test, you need to prepare for the CLEP exam in particular. You should reflect following points:
- Sometimes people think that they can crack the subject, as they contain basic subjects – but that is completely wrong! A serious preparation should be carried out before appearing in the exam. You can see online academies or other centers that will help you prepare for tests, providing you all suitable guidelines. Don’t feel daunted before appearing. If you secured 50 out of 80 points, making up 63% – Your pass.
- For CLEP test, or any test with pattern, one can use flashcards for memorizing key terms. Or simply can use sticky notes on the walls and places he crosses by frequently. This would help you in a best possible way to revise what you learnt.
- You should reach out your friends or seniors who have previously conducted this test. No one else can guide you best than the one who have already appeared.
- Practice, Practice and Practice!
- Practicing for exam is the key to crack it. Everytime you practice, you’ll boost your strength and lookafter your mistakes and meanwhile improve it.
- Focus and Consistency is very important while you prepare for the exam.
Wish you good luck!