Most of us when we hear the term ‘ultrasound’ we start imagining the picture of a pregnant woman in our mind. Don’t we? We all think ultrasound is only for a pregnant woman to check the position of baby. But we are living with a very wrong notion about ultrasound because ultrasound is used for various other purposes as well. About which you are going to study in the later section of this article. But what actually is ultrasound? How can you define ultrasound? Apart from capturing images of the fetus, this diagnostic tool solves various other purposes.
What are the various uses of ultrasound tests?
Let us now discuss the various uses of this diagnostic tool because it has various purposes apart from capturing fetal images. Aren’t you excited to know about its various other uses? Well, let’s get started.
- Diagnostics – Doctors use this technique in diagnosing various other varieties of conditions that affect the human body’s tissues and organs. Such as; those that affect the heart, blood vessels, kidney, liver, bladder, gall bladder, spleen, uterus, ovaries, eyes, thyroid, testicles, etc. Ultrasound technique may have some diagnostic limitations. And sound waves do not transmit through dense bones easily.
- Pregnancy –As all of us know that this technique has many uses during the time of pregnancy. In the early periods of pregnancy, they are used to determine due dates. They also reveal the presence of twin or other multiples if there is any kind of such a possibility. They also are valuable screening tools in helping to detect potential problems, including some birth defects, placental issues, breech positioning, and others. Many expectant parents look forward to learning the sex of their babies via ultrasound midway through a pregnancy. And later in pregnancy, doctors can even use ultrasounds to estimate how large a baby is just before delivery.
- Use during the medical procedure: This technique can also help doctors during procedures such as needle biopsies. As they require the specialists to remove tissues from a very precise area.
- Therapeutic applications: You might get surprised to know it’s another amazing use. Yeah! this technique is also used to detect and treat soft tissues injury. Isn’t it interesting? Well, ultrasound may have more benefits; you may come to know about all of these later. If you are from Hyderabad, then there are various ultrasound scan centers in Hyderabad as well. And you do not have to go anywhere else for this test. If you need it only. Basically, ultrasounds are of various types. Let’s now know about each of these in precise:
- Transvaginal ultrasound: In this type, doctors use a transducer wand. They place it in a woman’s vagina to obtain better images of women’s uterus and ovaries.
- Transrectal ultrasound: This ultrasound is actually used in the diagnosis of all types of prostate conditions.
- Transesophageal echocardiogram: In this, they use the transducer probe, in the esophagus. And this helps the sonographer obtain clear images of the heart.
You can go to any center for the ultrasound scan in Hyderabad. All are good. But don’t forget to consult your doctor and acquaintances before choosing any center.